Thursday, March 23, 2017

FALLEN POMEGRANATE, PART 2



Here I have tentatively started laying on some sepia watercolor paint indicating the shadow areas and trying to get form into some of the leaves. I'm a bit hesitant at this point and progressing really slowly as I'm not sure how the best way to do this! Should I do all the monochromatic shadows first or go with shapes and color? I add a warmer wash of color to some areas trying to see how this would affect the overall feel but I'm leaning towards doing all the shadow areas first. Because there is so much detail, hopefully doing it this way will help simplify things and allow me to work out what goes where.

2 comments:

john said...

Good to see a new post from you. I look forward to seeing the completed painting.

Jeremy Pearse said...

Thanks John, have this and so many more painting to post - will get to them when I have the time.